As one may guess, we have lots of extra bottle caps hanging around the brewery. We’re always looking for ways to upcycle our used materials so they don’t reach the landfill, so we decided to make wreath ornaments with some scraps and caps we found. Perhaps you have enough caps to make one too!
- 21 red and green bottle caps (you can get them from Isolation Ale, 5 Barrel, and Gramps)
- 4×4-inch scrap of cardboard (we used the inside of a 4-pack)
- Hot glue gun
- String or yarn (we used the handle of an old paper gift bag)
- Step 1: Cut a 4×4-inch piece of cardboard into a circle and cut a hole in the center to create your wreath base.
- Step 2: Using a hot glue gun, add two layers of bottle caps to the wreath (the red caps go on the bottom). Don’t worry about filling the whole cap with glue; a little on each side goes a long way. Add one final red cap to the bottom center. Pull off any excess glue once it cools.
- Step 3: Use ribbon to tie a bow and glue it to the top of your wreath.
- Step 4: Cut a piece of yarn, string, or other material for a loop at the top of your wreath and glue it to the back.